Social and emotional readiness serves as the foundation for successful participation in group learning experiences such as school. In this session participants will...
- Review current information supporting the importance of addressing SEL before children enter school
- Learn key developmental social and emotional readiness areas
- Discuss ways to promote developmental readiness at home
Not all expressions of behavior or typical. At certain ages, children should be able to use better ways of expressing their wants and needs. But, what if they're not? In this session participants will...
- Learn how to recognize red flags that might be indicating their child is struggling with his/her social development
- Learn who they can reach out to, how and what to expect when they consult with professionals about their concerns
- Discuss strategies for working with their child at home and in public when challenges arise
This session will present strategies parent can use to help their children develop social and emotional skills as well as way to work with their child when challenges occur. In this session participants will...
- Discuss preventative strategies to use at home
- Learn ways to defuse situations that arise
- Learn about positive supports and appropriate consequences for use with young children
This training is complimentary to the following trainings offered by SD Parent Connection:
- "Understanding Social Emotional Learning of Young Children" held on January 5, 2021
- "Understanding Red Flags of Concern for Your Child" held on January 12, 2021.
- "Supporting Children through Strengthening Parenting" held on January 19, 2021.